I'm an software developer currently living in the west suburbs of Chicago. I am a skilled Android developer, having written several apps currently available on Google Play. I'm also an expert in J2EE development including building web applications and web services. I am first and foremost a problem solver. My strength is taking ideas, building on them, and making them happen.
I grew up in southeast Iowa and I graduated from the University of Iowa in 2007. I've worked as a developer for the University of Iowa Hospitals, State Farm Insurance, KeyLimeTie LLC, Lextech Global Services, and Maestro Health.
I received my Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from the University of Iowa in May 2007.
- Skilled Android developer with experience in design, development, and testing of Android apps with several Android apps published on Google Play.
- Strong background with many widely used Java tools including MVC web frameworks, application/web servers, as well as knowledge of proper object-oriented design principles.
- Java/J2EE/Spring developer with 10 years’ experience, including project work involving large N-tier applications with asynchronous communication.
- In depth knowledge of many database systems including query optimization.
- Experience working in an Agile environment, including iterative development and continuous integration.
- Hard worker with enthusiasm for technology and passion for learning new things.
- Android Libraries: RxJava/RxAndroid, Retrofit, EventBus, Butterknife, Retrolambda, Picasso, IcePick, OkHttp, Ion
- Web Frameworks: Spring 4.0, Django, Django Rest Framework, Hibernate, Stripes, Struts, Django
- Databases: SQLite, MySQL, Postgres, MS SQL Server, DB2
- Source Control: Git, Mercurial, Subversion, ClearCase
- Servers: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Webspher, Jetty
- Other: Jenkins/Hudson, EJB, JMS, AWS, Selenium, Ant, Maven, JUnit, EasyMock, Mockito